Xamarin Mobile Application Development
a book by Dan Hermes
Developers and businesses looking to expand into the mobile space or to hone their existing mobile apps need a reliable way to approach cross-platform mobile development. The Xamarin platform provides that way.
This book is a hands-on Xamarin.Forms primer and a cross-platform reference for building native Android, iOS, and Windows Phone apps using C# and .NET. This book explains how to use Xamarin.Forms, Xamarin.Android, and Xamarin.iOS to build business apps for your customers and consumer apps for Google Play and the iTunes App Store.
Learn how to leverage Xamarin.Forms to optimize cross-platform development using the most common UI pages, layouts, views, controls, and UI patterns. Combine these with platform-specific UI to craft a visually stunning and highly interactive mobile user experience.
Explore solution-building techniques from starter-to-enterprise to help you decouple your functional layers, manage your platform-specific code, and share your cross-platform classes for code reuse, testability, and maintainability.
This comprehensive recipe and reference book, featuring over 200 C# code examples with downloadable C# and XAML (preview the code on GitHub here), addresses one of the most important and vexing problems in the software industry today: How do we effectively design and develop cross-platform mobile applications?
What you’ll learn:
- How to build world-class mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone using C#
- How to organize your Xamarin code into a professional-grade application architecture
- The latest Xamarin techniques for cross-platform UI using Xamarin.Forms
- When and how to use platform-specific UI
- Data binding, local data access, enterprise cloud data solutions, and building a data access layer for mobile apps
- Cross-platform architecture and design to maximize portability and code reuse
This is book is for C# and ASP.NET developers, architects, and technical managers as well as many Android and iOS developers.